Saturday, November 27, 2004

Fast Easy Tofu recipe

I had a couple of people ask me whether I was eating turkey this Thanksgiving. (For the record I am a vegetarian--or at least almost a vegetarian--I do eat a little fish (maybe every couple of weeks), and will have gravy etc.)

The answer was of course "No." Which led to a discussion of tofu. Surprisingly many people have not tried tofu which is too bad, as it is nutritious, versatile, good for you, and relatively in expensive (cheaper than meat).

If you would like more information on tofu, just ask! But for now, here are some tofu links:
Soyfoods.com
Tofu.com

And here is my own VERY easy recipe for a vegetable casserole made with Tofu:

  1. One pound extra firm tofu cut into small cubes
  2. About a half of a bag of frozen mixed vegetables
  3. a few Strands of Broccoli (cut up)
  4. A jar of Heinz Fat Free Chicken Gravy (Yeah I know, it has some meat, sorry)
  5. Cover with stuffing
  6. Cook

See, very easy!!!!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi hi!

I also love tofu to death!
i've created my personal website dedicating to tofu.

Please pop by and we can share information.
I do have a [submit articles] section where I encourage visitors to add tofu-articles if they have it.

Thanks! See you at mingchern.com

Cheers,
TOFU