Saturday, June 27, 2009

Time is Money!

We are all rushed. Time is your most valuable resource. Time is Money. We all know it. We have all heard the all true cliches. But sometime we forget.

How does this come up? Recently we conducted a study of how long it takes to shop our stores vs other stores in the area. The findings? Customers can get in and out of our stores MUCH faster than at our competition.

Consider the following:
Average time of shopping trip

Park and Shops
6 min 45 sec

Wal-Mart (Olean)
23 min 14 Sec

Tops (Olean)
19 min 40 Sec
Based on a study done by April-May 2009 N=25 or more for each store. Each was done at similar time of day for comparison purposes.


And remember this does not count the driving time nor the time walking to and from the car across large parking lots. So if that were included we'd be even faster!

Now I know what you are thinking. You are probably thinking something like:
"I can get in and out of the Park and Shops faster than that. They have short lines, I don't need to walk a mile through their parking lots, and everything is right there so I don't need to wade through tons of things I don't want to get what I do want." How can it take so long?"
So how was it so high? It turns out that 2 of the customers (remember we had this done and did not do it ourselves so they checked every customer) happened also to work for us and they spent a longer time in the store since they were talking to their co-workers. They each were in the store for well over fifteen minutes each. Throw them out at the average is closer to six minutes!

So the next time you find yourself thinking if only I had a little more time to spend with my family, or to watch your child's sporting event, or to garden, sleep, or anything else you want to do, remember that we can give you more time!

2 comments:

mwells said...

If time is money then why don't you post the hours your store is open so that I don't waste my time driving to the store only to find it closed.

Anonymous said...

Im an occasional shopper at the Allegany Park and Shop and I stopped in today to pick up Miracle Whip that I had seen in your ad..it sure is different in there..things are easier to find ..like the peanut butter! I was wondering where it was..and now its by the bread..cool ! Your displays look better too and I ended up buying more then just the Miracle Whip.I guess Park and Shop is dedicated to faster shopping..kudos to you and your team in Allegany