Saturday, July 16, 2011

Some really fast, easy, and good for you recipes

Blueberry                      Image via WikipediaI feel bad I have not done the blog like I had hoped when I started it. I have only been linking to stories, I rarely give comments to or write my own articles, so I will try again:

* I had one of the best dinners I have had in years tonight. (indeed maybe since my first night in Barcelona back in 2008).  Mushroom, spinach, and Newman's Sockarooni sauce. I cooked the mushrooms (about 5 minutes), the spinach (about 3 minutes) in a frying pan with some garlic and oregano. Then for the last minute I added the tomato sauce. Amazingly good and fast. (Clean up: one bowl, one frying pan, one spoon).

* Want another fast meal? Take  frozen Birdseye SteamFresh Specially Seasoned Southwestern Corn, microwave for about 1 minute, add some beans and spinach for about another 90 seconds.  Serve with some salsa.  Total cooking time about 3 minutes, 1 bowl.  Delicious.

* One more easy, good for you treat: wash some grapes then freeze them.  Surprisingly good.  Probably better than even room temperature grapes if that is possible.

* Blueberries are in season. Highly recommended. My favorite fruit. Easy, fast, and good for you. Oh and SOOOO good!  Try them in applesauce with walnuts.   Or in Oatmeal.  Or in cereal.  Or by themselves.  You get the idea. 


Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: