Tuesday, June 10, 2008

WHFoods: Avocados

I have been jokingly saying that I may be able to live on avocados since my trip to Missouri where I decided they were close to perfect since did not need refrigeration, kept me full for a long time, and had good blend of nutrients and good fats. I found this when searching for more on the avocado:

WHFoods: Avocados: "
"Enjoying a few slices of avocado in your tossed salad, or mixing some chopped avocado into your favorite salsa will not only add a rich, creamy flavor, but will greatly increase your body's ability to absorb the health-promoting carotenoids that vegetables provide.

A study published in the March 2005 issue of the Journal of Nutrition...adding avocado to a salad of carrot, lettuce and baby spinach or to salsa greatly increase study participants' absorption of carotenoids from these foods, but the improvement in carotenoid availability occurred even when a very small amount-as little as 2 ounces-of avocado was added."

No comments: