Monday, March 16, 2009

Cherry Health and Cherry Nutrition

I am hooked. The Magic Bullet has me eating virtually every combination of fruit (mixed into smoothies) and some vegetables as well. While I do not have a favorite yet (have liked almost every kind), one of the best is using frozen cherries, almond milk (normal milk could be used), and chocolate Kids super food (instant chocolate could be used).

It tastes so good I was worried it was not nutritious, so I checked for the nutritional benefits of cherries and was pleasantly surprised! And while the claims seem a bit strong, I will say, the taste is VERY good!!

Cherry Health and Cherry Nutrition:
"Emerging evidence links cherries to many important health benefits – from helping to ease the pain of arthritis and gout, to reducing risk factors for heart disease, diabetes and certain cancers. Cherries also contain melatonin, which has been found to help regulate the body’s natural sleep patterns, aid with jet lag, prevent memory loss and delay the aging process."

No comments: