Thursday, December 09, 2004

Green Tea may prevent spread of some cancers

I have long been a backer of green tea, so I confess I might have been biased when I saw this story and had to jump on it. I urge you to read the actual paper and decide for yourself!

A new study has found that Green Tea may reduce risk of prostate cancer's spread. The story from ScienceBlog

The polyphenols present in green tea help prevent the spread of prostate cancer by targeting molecular pathways that shut down the proliferation and spread of tumor cells, as well as inhibiting the growth of tumor nurturing blood vessels, according to research published in the December 1 issue of Cancer Research.



BTW: Isn't blogging awesome? I have to say that the Science Blog is one of my favorites! It really allows me to stay quite current on Nutritional Information. However, be warned, there are many pop-ups.

No comments: