Friday, August 12, 2005

Hold That Fat, New York Asks Its Restaurants - New York Times

I am really torn on this one. On one hand, I do not recommend anyone eat trans fat. I do think the evindence is pretty convincing that they are bad for you. (indeed I gave up some of my favorite breads (are you listening bakers?) because of even small amounts.

However, I wish that this would be customer driven and the restaurants would want to give up their trans fat.

Hold That Fat, New York Asks Its Restaurants - New York Times: "The New York City health department urged all city restaurants yesterday to stop serving food containing trans fats, chemically modified ingredients that health officials say significantly increase the risk of heart disease and should not be part of any healthy diet."

All in all, since the City is only asking, I guess I am ok with it.

No comments: